Sunday, December 30, 2012

Roasted Apples and Brie on Wheat Cracker

I had Brie left over from a 3 cheese grilled pannini I made a few weeks ago and couldnt stand the thought of it going bad. Bored with the thought of just eating in plain and cold on crackers I whipped out my pan and began dreaming up some combinations that will fill me and keep me warm this cold day.  This appetizing snack is delicious and with 2g of fiber and 13g of whole grain in the Wasa cracker I dont feel too guilty eating the fatty brie.  But I will be walking to dogs as soon as this posts. ;)

Roasted Apples and Brie on Wheat Crackers

 


For 4 Wasa Crackers, cut one whole apple into 1/4 inch slices. Melt 3 tbl. unsalted butter in a pan and add sprinkling of ground clove, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and whatever you desire.  Add apples so they are in one layer.  Sprinkle 1 tsp of brown sugar over cover and let cook for about 3-5 mins.  or until apples are soften but not mushy.  Assemble the cracker with slices of brie while waiting for the apples to cook and put the oven on broil.  When apples are done place on the crackers and place in oven to broil for 2 mins.  just to get the brie a little melty.  While this is broiling add 1/4 c. heavy whipping cream in the sauce pan and stir till thicken.  be careful b/c this will burn very quickly.  Take out crackers plate and top with sauce.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment