Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I have been super excited to make so many great meals but I have been over expanding my fridge with the food I want to eat and the food I think I should eat.  Lettuce is one of those things I buy thinking this will be a healthy meal and seems to go bad before I can convince myself I will love what I make with it.  Spinach is up there too. Bought baby spinach as well, thinking I would make my super spinach salad, and have yet to do that as well.  Looking in my freezer, I needed to use up some chicken, and what a perfect combo to use up my water chestnuts from last weeks dinner and some spinach.  Lettuce wraps are a delicious way to use up veggies and eat healthy.  Try some delicous sauces to dip.

Chicken Lettuce Wraps


Ingredients
1 c. Chicken
2 tbl. Water Chestnuts
1/4 c. onion
1 garlic clove
2 c. spinach
3 tbl. minched ginger

On stove top cook all ingredients,  cook until veggies are soft and chicken is done.  Try shredding carrots, roasting nuts, getting a crisp noodle, shredding raddish to add to the wraps.  Clean, dry, and cut into twos romaine lettuce to create wraps.  Typically served with a peanut sauce, and/or soy dipping sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment