Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Super Spinach Salad with Carrot/Ginger Miso Dressing

Every time I travel for work down south, I stop at TraderJoes for their prepared and frozen food for healthy, low cost meals while on the road.  I absolutely love the salad they make in their prepared section call Super Spinach Salad.  I had to decode the dressing at home so that I can eat it, even when I am not traveling.

Super Spinach Salad



Ingredients:
Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing (see recipe below)
Baby Spinach
Cranberries
Pumpkin Seeds
Shredded Carrots
Garbanzo Beans
Edamame
Cherry Tomatoes
Quinoa

Place remaining ingredients on top of baby spinach.  Add dressing, enjoy.

Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing (Makes 1 cup of dressing)
This dressing is crisp and clean,  there is a nice flavor combination between the Ginger and the Carrot

Ingredients
2 Tbl. carrots shredded
1 Tbl. fresh ginger minced
2 Tbl.  miso paste
2 drops sesame oil
1 tsp. sugar (or to taste if you like it sweeter)
1/4 c. seasoned rice vinegar
1/8 tsp soy sauce
1/4 c. olive oil

Add all ingredients to blender. Blend. pour over salad. 
Salt/Pepper just a splash

No comments:

Post a Comment