Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Stuffed Eggplant Parmigiana

This is one of my favorite meals. I tried this dish for the first time on my first date with my husband, so I hold the dish very close.   I have cooked so healthy lately it was time to get a little wild.  I like to consider this healthy and "Low Cal" as I really wanted to buy fresh bread today for the meal and resisted. Just think of how many calories could be eaten had I added that to the menu.... 

Stuffed Eggplant Parmigiana (Makes 4 servings)



Ingredients
1 large Eggplant
2 large Eggs beaten
Italian Bread Crumbs
12 oz. ricotta cheese
1.5 tbl fresh cut Italian seasonings (basil, parsley, thyme, oregano)
1 jar. marinara sauce
2 c. mozzarella cheese

Heat oven at 375 degrees. Skin eggplant and cut into long quarter of an inch strips,  cutting down the length of the eggplant. Dredge eggplant in eggs and then into bread crumbs. Cook in pan on stovetop in 1/2 c. of oil.  Brown on both sides.  Meanwhile take left over eggs and add to ricotta cheese with seasoning, mix.  Lay browned breaded eggplant on paper towels to soak up some of the oil and cool off.  Take ricotta cheese mixture and lay across the eggplant, longways.  Pour half a cup of marinera in bottom of greased pan. Take smaller end and roll onto large end of eggplant. Lay the rolled eggplants in pan top with 1/4 cup marinara and add mozzarella cheese.  Bake 20-25 minutes. Boil water to make noodles,  heat remaining marinara and serve with spaghetti.





No comments:

Post a Comment