Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Easy Fondue For the Family

Just before NYE I received an email from the Melting Pot boasting about their great deal for the holiday, $50 pp.  I knew I could create something comparable for less.  I invited my niece and nephew  for a sampling. To create my meal I looked to the Melting Pot menu. Here I will spell out the 4 course feast. I only had one fondue pot so to keep this moving I used a 2 qt crockpot for the cheese, and a 4 qt nesco roasting oven for the main course, the fondue pot was for the dessert.  All worked well so no need to think you need an expensive fondue pot to have a fun interactive dinner.

Course 1: Cheese

I took cheese left in my fridge (Monterrey jack cheese, mozzarella, brie, and cheddar) and added it to a sherry mixture with roasted garlic and onion.  Season with pepper.

Dippers-apples, bread, crackers

Course 2: Salad

Again, took leftovers from steak salad for our course 2.  Romaine, tomato, and carrot ginger dressing.


Course 3: Entree

I created a Caribbean Mojo to cook the meats and veggies in. To create this I roasted garlic, onion, mushrooms in 1 tsp oil.  Once roasted I added about 1/2 cup of fresh herbs thyme, tarragon, basil, oregeno, parsley, and cilantro.  Add 1 cup white wine and remaining herbs, 4 slices of fresh lemon, organe, and lime.

Dippers-green pepper, onions, mushroom, potatoes, chicken, steak, shrimp

This is best with dipping sauces I used what I had left in the fridge a sweet n sour ( see earlier recipe), a dijon mayonnaise (1/2 c. miracle whip, 3 tbl. stone ground mustard, 2 tbl. maple syrup)  and an asian sauce, (green onions, 1 tsp sesame oil, 3 tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp rice vinegar) 

Course 4: Dessert

Take about 2 cups semi sweet chococlate chips add to 3 tbl. amaretto.  Once melted pour in evaporated milk or sweeteneed condensed milk till consistency you like.

Dippers-pineapple, marshmallow, brownie, pound cake, strawberries, cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment