Sunday, December 30, 2012

Steak Salad with wasabi spiced almonds and a ginger vinaigrette

There is nothing more satisfying then knowing you ate a small enough portion for dinner that you will have a delicious re-creation for lunch in the morning.  I made my steak from  last night into one of my favorite salads.  When it comes to re-creations,  you can't go wrong. Take what you have and experiment with you like.  This salad is my  leftovers remixed, try adding your own leftovers for the same effect.

Steak Salad




Take  leftover steak and either heat when it is whole or cut into slices and eat it cold.  My steak last night I cooked very raw planning for this meal.  So I seared it in 1/2 tbl of oil for about 5 minutes each side.  I added leftover onions and asparagus as well.  For the lettuce,  I tend to always buy the romaine bunch.  Every time I try to go easy and get the pre-packaged salads, the quality is grosse and it is 3.50 for a bag to last me 2 salads.  The head of lettuce is $1.50 and lasts 2 weeks easy and like 4-5 large salads, much better deal. Just wash, take off first layer, wrap in papertowel and place back in fridge.  This salad I decided to spice up with wasabi almonds, tomatoes, and a ginger vinaigrette.  See recipes below.

Wasabi Spice Almonds


Take Almonds and slice or chop depending on what you buy.  Roast in a pan on 425 for 2-3 mins.or until brown.  While roasting combine 1 tsp. wasabi powder, 1 tbl. brown sugar, 1 tsp nutmeg,1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbl. soy sauce, 1 tsp. Worcestershire, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Take the roasted nuts and add to mixture coating. Place back in oven for 1 min to create a glaze.  These are delicious by themselves as a spiced nut for snacking.


Ginger balsamic Vinaigrette


In blender add 1 tbl.chopped fresh ginger, half a mandarin orange ( about 4 slices), 1 tsp sugar,  1 tbl. balsamic vinegar, 2 tbl. rice vinegar, 3 tbl. oil, 1 drop of sesame oil. salt and pepper to taste.

 Add all ingredient  on plate and enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment