Monday, January 14, 2013

Tuna Tetrazzini Salad

I went exactly one week into the new year before crashing on my big plans of working out and eating healthy.  After baking about 6 dozen cookies for my husband on deployment my habits got worse and worse.  I still have the remnants of healthy eating wasting away in my fridge and can't fathom the thought of them wasting away and having their only contribution be to my compost pile.   In an effort to revive these veggies on their last days I came up with a Tuna Tetrazzini Salad.  I use only things in my fridge,  but the beauty of cooking is the creative spin you put on it.  Some of the best recipes come from leftovers and last minute ideas.  Tetrazzini in itself is a meat and pasta type dish you can add whatever you would like to make it your own flavor. Take from each column to create your own.




Protein (3 cups chopped)Starch (1.5 cupVeggies ChoppedHerbs/spices (1/2 tbl fresh 1.5 tbl dried)SauceTopping (1/3 cup chopped roasted or unroasted)
TunaSpaghetti Garlic (3 cloves)BasilOlive Oil/ParmesianAlmonds
ChickenLinguini1  chopped medium onionThymeTeryiakiPeanuts
BeefLo Mein1/2 chopped pepper CilantroBread Crumbs
Tofufuzilli1/2 cup roasted pepperOregenoSesame Seeds
Shrimp1/2 cup mushroomGinger Feta Cheese
1/4 cup olivesCurry
1/4 cup celeryTurmeric
1/4 cup carrotsparsley
1/4 cup bamboo shoots
1/4 cup water chestnuts
1/2 cup tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment