Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Baked Tilapia in a White Wine Mojo Marinade

Wow been a while since I posted. My hubs is due back soon from deployment soon and I have been organizing and cleaning in prepping for his return.  I have a bunch of recipes on backup so get ready for a bunch soon.  This recipe came from the leftover broth for my fondue entree.  I just defrosted tilapia and added it to the marinade and cooked at 350 for 35 minutes. I started with the dish covered with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes.  The tilapia I had was pretty cheap and old.  It did not absorb the marinade and tasted fishy.  The marinade however is fantastic!!! I recommend using it for chicken, shrimp (used these in the fondue, yum!) or a fresh white fish and marinade for at least 30 minutes.    Also,  I added ramen noodle (forgot i didnt have spaghetti noodles) to the bottom of the pan and placed this mixture and fish on top.  The noodles, whatever you try, absorbs the flavor of the marinade and tastes delicious. Its a great and easy starch to go with your main dish.

Baked Tilapia in a White Wine Mojo Marinade




Carribean Mojo

1 c. white wine
2 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. fresh herbs (taragon, dill, parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, cilantro)
2 cloves garlic (I like roasting garlic and reserve in the fridge)
1 tsp. oil
1/2 c. chopped mushroom
1 med.onion chopped
1 med. lemon sliced
1 small lime sliced (or 1/3 c. lime juice)
1 small orange  (or 1/4 c. orange juice)

Caribbean Mojo to cook the meats and veggies in. To create this I roasted garlic, onion, mushrooms in 1 tsp oil.  Once roasted I added about 2 tbl. of fresh herbs thyme, tarragon, basil, oregeno, parsley, and cilantro.  Add 1 cup white wine and remaining herbs, 4 slices of fresh lemon, organge, and lime.



No comments:

Post a Comment