Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sausage and Saurkraut

One of my favorite recipes growing up is sausage and saurkraut.  Although most do not profess and affinity for pickled cabbage, I really love the feeling of home when I eat it.  I have spruced it up a bit to grow with my adult tastes. For leftovers, try this twist on the classic reuben.  One of my favorite sandwiches.

Ingredients
Kielbasa Sausage
Sauerkraut
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 c. apple chopped
1/2 c. onion chopped
1/4 tsp. cloves


Brown sausage in a pan with 1 tbl. of oil.  Add sauerkraut, apple,onion, cloves, and brown sugar. Cook on medium high for 15-20 minutes stir regularly.  reduce heat to thicken. Serve with spiced apples


Spiced Apples

1 apple cut into slices
2 tbl. butter
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp clove
1/2 c. brown sugar

Brown butter in pan, add apples, cinnamon, clove, and brown sugar. cook down to thicken and apples are soft.



No comments:

Post a Comment