Thursday, November 15, 2012

New Beginnings

WELCOME! This is Creative Girl. After years of people telling me that I should start my own blog, I thought what a perfect time to dive in and share all my favorite recipes and crafts. Most of my best crafts and recipes comes from cost-saving techniques.  A fridge full of food that will spoil in a few days, remnant fabrics, boxes and papers that would be recycled or thrown away, all serve as inspiration to create something unique, useful, and cost-effective.   My professional and personal experiences combine to create a forum for creating a self-sustainable home that is best when it is made from scratch. As a trained art therapist, I have a lot of training in using creativity in self care and recovery. Creativity has an impressive  natural side-effect of increasing self-esteem, mood, and  attention-span, and decreasing anxiety.  For kids, creativity is an important part of their development and a lot of crafts I do, were created for kids and adults to build these important protective factors. I have so many great recipes, art projects, and crafts that I am excited to share as we FASHION a home together that is MADE FROM SCRATCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment