Monday, March 4, 2013

Northern Bean and Potato Soup

I was too tired my first day back at work to stop at the grocery. So I decided to make use of the collards I planted in the fall.  I finally paid attention to them and they are growing out of control and I must say delicious.  This is the perfect meal for a cold night.



Ingredients:

3 strips bacon (or 1 tbl butter for the vegetarians out there)
1 clove garlic
1 small onion chopped
2 cups collards
2 carrots chopped
1 large potato chopped
1 can northern beans rinsed
6 cups broth
1 tbl thyme
1 tbl parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbl. dill
3/4 c. sour cream (water will work too or silken tofu)
4.5 tsp flour

Saute first 6 ingredients.  Add broth/water and seasoning.  Boil for 30 minutes or so till veggies are soft.  Take masher and mash a few times in pot. Mix in bowl sour cream/water and flour.  slowly add to soup to thicken.  Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment